Monday, April 25, 2016

Apps for Classroom Management


Monica Burns is one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter. She is always tweeting about new apps, websites and tools to use in the classroom. Just recently I watched one of her webinars on SimpleK12 for the 3rd or 4th time. Yes...you heard me correctly. I have watched it at least 4 times. In the webinar, she discusses apps for managing the classroom. Some are free and some are paid. I went through her entire list and picked my top 3 that were FREE. Below are the 3 apps I find would be most useful in the classroom today:


Random Number Generator - This app allows you to randomly select a number. You can put in a minimum number and a maximum number. It also allows you to partner two numbers together randomly. Since all of my students have a number, this app works perfectly. It definitely beats pulling sticks to call on students.


Traffic Light - This app allows students to show you a green light, yellow light and red light. You can use it to check for understanding with students. Or you can use it during reading/writing workshop to see if students need help or need to conference.


Randomly - This app allows you to put in your entire class list of names. It will randomly pick a student and keep track of which students were NOT called on.








I love to try new things in my classroom...ESPECIALLY at the end of the year. I want to keep students excited about school, so that we can end the year strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment