Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Beginning My Book Study

Yesterday I began my book study challenge via the GCISD Virtual Voyage. I decided to choose the book "Why School?" by Will Richardson. So far, I'm really enjoying this book because it's easy to read, engaging and very thought-provoking. Richardson may have inspired me to begin learning how to play Minecraft. I connected his son learning how to play minecraft to my students learning how to code using Scratch. It was the same experience, kids watching videos to learn how to make it to the next step - self-directed learning. And boy were they ENGAGED. How can we make every day learning like this?  Click here to learn more about beginning your GCISD Virtual Voyage: https://sites.google.com/a/gcisd.net/gcisd-virtual-voyage/home

Thanks for reading! 

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment