Sunday, April 3, 2016

Digital Storytelling with Scribble Press Deluxe


I love when the GCISD LEAD with Technology blog gives me a new app to try out with my class! At the beginning of March, Amy Phillips tweeted about the new and improved Scribble Press Deluxe. It DOES cost $4.99 unless you are a GCISD teacher. But I would purchase this app even if it wasn't free for us. 

Here's why I like Scribble Press Deluxe:
  • Allows students to create customized covers for their digital books.
  • Students can add their own pictures or photos to each page.
    • Some students even created pages on the Pic Collage app and then added to their Pic Collage photos to their Scribble Press pages.
  • The Scribble Press book saves to camera roll as a video or picture.
  • Students can add voice to each page.
  • Students can also add music.
  • Students can draw their own illustrations.
Here are some photos of my students using the Scribble Press Deluxe app to create nonfiction books about ladybugs:



Here are some photos of my students using the Scribble Press Deluxe app to create nonfiction books about famous Americans:



This app really is FANTASTIC and offers tons of ways for students to be even more creative when creating their own books. I highly recommend trying this app out with your students! 



No comments:

Post a Comment